How often you need a cleaning will be determined by your dentist and dental hygienist. The point of a cleaning is to remove the infection in the gums. In between visits, the infection returns. Our dental hygienists will monitor you each appointment, and adjust the time between visits so that you come in before the infection returns. No infection, no bone loss. No bone loss – no tooth loss! With our dental hygiene, you get far more than just “cleaning”. Each visit with our hygienist will include any and all services necessary to achieve your best dental health.
Our dentists will complete a full check of your mouth which consists of the following procedures:
- Medical history review: Our dentists will keep up to date on any existing medical conditions in order to take proper care of your dental health.
- Diagnostic Radiographs: It is important to have up-to date x-rays with your regular cleaning appointments. Our dentists will examine each x-ray for tooth decay and bone loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: During your examination, routine cancer screening is performed.
- Gum Disease Screening: Our dentists will evaluate your gums for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination for tooth decay: In addition to reviewing your x-rays, our dentists will examine each tooth surface for decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: If you have existing restorations such as tooth fillings, dental crowns, etc. our dentists will examine each one to ensure they are still in good health.